- Dark Utilities, released in early 2022, is a platform that provides full-featured C2 capabilities to adversaries.
- It is marketed as a means to enable remote access, command execution, distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks and cryptocurrency mining operations on infected systems.
- Payloads provided by the platform support Windows, Linux and
- Python-based implementations and are hosted within the Interplanetary File System (IPFS), making them resilient to content moderation or law enforcement intervention.
- Since its initial release, we've observed malware samples in the wild leveraging it to facilitate remote access and cryptocurrency mining.